Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cupcake Wreck


Do you follow the blog - Cake Wrecks?http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ I am always amazed at the "wrecks" they find and so many of them. I am always on the look out for one at the grocery store I shop.
This week I found one! At Fry's McClintock/Guadalupe store I found these cupcakes. While snapping a picture with my camera phone, the clerk asked me if she could help. I asked what was this??? She did not answer and walked off to help someone else.
I took a picture of the price ($17.99) but it's a bit blurry. But..... $17.99???
Got any guesses what they might have been thinking?


6 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

I'm thinking they inhaled too many fumes from the yeast while the other bread was rising ... and the person with the icing gun should be reassigned to the county road crew. I see LOTS of yellow stripes that follow the same pattern. :^)

nanny said...

Welcome back, missed you.
Did you pay them?
Unreal.....wonder what happened?

Tanna said...

So glad to hear from you DeeDee! I have no idea what they were thinking! But, I'm going to go see the cake wreck blog! =)

Susie said...

Maybe that had messed up while decorating and made the best of a bad situation.

Dawn said...

Cake Wreks? Sound pretty funny. I'll have to check it out. I'm thinking cloud and rainbow? Great way to use left over frosting!

I have seen cupcakes frosted as a whole like that though. We bought them like that for my daughter's b-day. It was great because you got a cake look but just cut through the frosting and handed out cupckes. It looked a lot better than that one though!

http://cottagestateofmind.blogspot.com/2009/07/birthday-buddy.html

Hugs,
Dawn

j said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake wreck blog. It cracks me up!

OK... that is either the most limited rainbow ever oooooor a sunset shining behind a fluffy white cloud?

Hmmm... candy stuck to a cottonball?

Cupcake art by the abstract artist Marge?

Regardless, it is WAY over priced.