Tuesday, June 24, 2008

6-24-08

Then Jesus used this story: "There was a rich man that had some land. His land grew a very good crop of food. The rich man thought to himself, 'What will I do? I have no place to keep all my crops.' Then the rich man said, 'I know what I will do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger barns! I will put all my wheat and good things together in my new barns. Then I can say to myself, I have many good things stored. I have saved enough for many years. Rest, eat, drink, and enjoy life!' But God said to that man, 'Foolish man! Tonight you will die. So what about the things you prepared for yourself? Who will get those things now?' This is how it will be for the person that saves things only for himself. To God that person is not rich." (ERV)

Father, thank you for all of my blessings. Help me have the wisdom to use them in ways that honor you, bless others, and bring you joy. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

As I listened today, to someone I know .... I thought of this.

No comments: