With our weather at over 110 everyday this week ...... I'll try it and let you know how the cookies turn out.
I LOVE ARIZONA
Things we do and not do in Arizona:
1. We park our vehicles under trees no matter how far we have to walk.
2. We do NOT walk on any type of pavement without shoes!
3. We do NOT leave anything in our vehicles! Kids, Pets, Grocery, etc.
4. We accept that our electric bills will be high in the summer.
5. We can yard sale year-round but only from 6am until noon.
6. Road construction is done during the wee hours of the night.
7. People in construction jobs - their work hours change in summer.
8. We know that if we want to see water - we have to drive (CA).
9. We understand the words, monsoon and haboob.
10. We do NOT change our time in spring and fall!
there's more... lots more
Anyone who has leather seats in their car is not from Arizona.
When watering my plants I make sure all the hot water goes through the hose first.
We understand that anything left out in the hot sun for a year will have to be replaced.
When buying plants, it says it takes full sun - that does not mean it takes Arizona full sun!
Kids do not play outside during the afternoon in the summer time.
My pool temperature yesterday was 95. We swim in the mornings and the evenings.
Most people here have pools - play pools (small inground pool) or like mine, a diving pool.
Phoenix is Phoenix - when we say we live in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, etc. We live in Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, and Tempe even though we all blend together in the Phoenix area.
Phoenix is known as the Valley of the Sun. Those of us that live East of Downtown Phoenix are in the East Valley (like me) and those West are in the West Valley. There is no North and South Valley - you are only considered East or West. If you are North or South, are referred to as the city you live in. Apache Junction and Queen Creek are considered the boundaries of East Valley. El Mirage and Buckeye are considered the boundaries of West Valley. Cave Creek is North and Maricopa County is South. If you look on the map - that is a huge area!
We all know what times and directions are good and what times and directions are bad to be on the 10, 17, 101, 202,(the 303 doesn't count, yet) and the 60. I know what it is like to be stuck in the tunnel because of an accident :(