Saturday, August 2, 2008

I miss Estes Park


It's been a long time since I've been this homesick. I really miss going to Estes Park. If I could own a vacation home, I'd spend the fall and winter there. There is nothing like the aspens when they turn colors in the fall. There's an ark ( I should have taken a picture:( where you can buy stuffed animals. There are fun little shops on both sides of the main street - homemade chocolate, taffy, cotton candy, pizza, misc. "goodies." You can hike, fish, camp, picnic.... You can watch elk grazing in the meadows. You can drive up trail ridge road. You can get married at the Stanley Hotel (or just go up and watch a wedding). Or just walk through the hotel (remember the Shining?). You can wear your Denver Bronco clothes and feel right at home.

No comments: