Friday, May 8, 2009

Free KFC Dinners

My husband came home from work and said you (me) need to go to Oprah.com. Rolling my eyes (I am NOT an Oprah fan), "Why?" "Well," he says, "you can download coupons for free chicken dinners." So I did. Supposedly, you are able to download four coupons. It would only let download three. So my husband tried it. It only let him download three.
So yesterday being a 101 kind of day, I thought ok..... I won't have to cook dinner. I took my coupons to KFC. Me AND the other 5 million people that live here in Phoenix were there at KFC. All of us with coupons in hand. :::Rolling eyes and shaking head:::
I waited in line. Sometime later ( much later) I walked out with two free boxes of chicken dinners from KFC.
Yesterday, since it was so hot, my husband and I went swimming before dinner. Trixie sat on "Daddy's" lap while he laid on one of those pool loungers. Bandit ran around the pool - and me, I love the pool Oodles (or Noodles, whatever they are called).
Dinner - it was good. Thanks to Oprah? KFC?

4 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

That was nice that you got the free dinners. KFC is a rather expensive place to eat for fast food but I love it too.

I guess you can't do much when the temps are so hot. Too hot to work in the yard.

Have a nice weekend and Happy Mothers Day. Becca

Kay said...

I was going to print out those coupons but when I went to Oprah's page, it said I had to download a program to print out the coupons and I was not sure how safe that program was so I didn't do it.

Kay

Lanny said...

I guess this would be a case where my mom would say that I often cut off my nose to spite my face, I would fore go free anything if it was connected to Oprah - I am an anti fan.

Glad you got a free pass on cooking dinner though.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very funny. Sounds like a good day all around. Funny thing is, I kinda like Oprah...I am not a fan of KFC. :)
I love our pool noodles oodles.