Tuesday, October 21, 2008

GE Profile HydroWave Washer



Do you remember just a couple weeks ago my washing machine broke and I was propping it together with 2 2X4s? The warranty had run out and I had to have it repaired twice since then.... well, Sunday it broke again for good! Monday, my husband and I went to Sears and bought a top loading GE Profile HydroWave.

When we bought this house three years ago, I bought all new appliances. I had bought the new Frigidaire front loading HE washer and dryer set. It was nothing but problem after problem. I went back to a top loading washer.

My husband had done a lot of research on the computer to find the "perfect" washer. That one had all positive responses. So that is the one we got. I am just happy I don't have to use a wash board :)

*** Day Two - I had a lot of laundry waiting to be washed. This is my 10th load and so far I really like this washer. 1. It is as quiet as they say! 2. The tub, even though it is the same size as the front load washer I had, seems to fit more clothes in it. 3. No more bending to get the clothes out of the tub. 4. The spin cycle works great. I don't seem to have to dry the clothes for as long as the other one. 5. It was less $$ than that front loader and works better! They say if mama's happy everyone's happy. I'm happy.

I'm using my HE detergent in it. I have four bottles of it in the pantry left over from the front load HE we just got rid of. It seems to work ok.

**Special Note: I've had this washer for over a month now. I really like it! It is quiet. It washed my king size bed comforter with no problem. I can't wait until the Frigidaire dryer breaks again. I'll go out and buy the matching dryer to this GE.

No comments: