Thursday, September 25, 2008

husbands - what do they know!

When we bought this house three years ago, I put in a new washer, dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. The oven/range was the only appliance they left in the house and it didn't have to be replaced. I was excited to get all new appliance in my "new" home. I asked my sister what she thought about what brands to buy. She said my other sister had bought a Maytag Neptune and had problems with it. I bought a Frigidaire front load washer and dryer set.
After the warranty was done, I had to have the dryer repaired. Then 6 months after that, I had to have the washer repaired. I've spent $600 in repairs so far on this relatively new set.
Anyway.....
I bought new bedding for our bedroom and was washing the old set to put it away in the closet. The mattress pad was the last item I was washing when..... I heard what I thought was someone was crashing through my front door. My dog and I rushed to see what the sound was. There it was - the mattress pad had gotten unbalanced in the washer, the door (to the washer) was open and the bottom of the washer was on the floor.
How in the h$#@ did that happen?
My husband, when he got home, put the bottom back on the washer. I am now using two 2X4s to prop the washer's door shut. It is working. My husband thinks my retired-stay-at-home-life is boring.
ahh NO!
I didn't even write about when the microwave caught on fire. Or when the pool cleaner sucked out the light and it broke into a million pieces in the pool. I spent two days cleaning out all the glass out of the pool. Or when the sprinkler system decided to break while he was in St. Louis and I spent the day digging up the pipe...... two days later I fixed that! Or when I left the hose in the pool to fill it up and came out the next morning, there were a million drowned ants floating on the top. Guess who got to scoop them all out? Or the many times I flush the sewer line with pool water because the neighbor's tree roots have grown into my sewer pipe.............. Boring MY A%@!

No comments: