Monday, February 9, 2009

Bandit - Our Protector :)


Bandit was born in September, 2008. She came to live with us the end of October. I brought her home in a baby blanket - she only weighed 20 pounds then. The bottom picture was taken Nov 4. She was sooooo cute!
The top picture was taken today February 9, 2009. She is now 5 months old. She weighs 63 pounds. And.... she is not one but two hand fulls!
Last night between 4 am and 6 am Bandit decided it was a good time to howwwwl. I tried to settle her down. It wasn't until 6:30 am that I was able to see what the problem was. She had cornered two vicious black things out in the back yard.
You'll never guess what they were - so I'll just tell you. They were :::::: drum rolls, please:::::: daddy's work shoes! She shredded those shoes to almost unrecognizable bits. Sigh! Oh -that dog!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

a corgi said...

she's so cute and so big!! so glad that she is a good watchdog too, shoes and all!

enjoy the day; we are sending rain your way

betty

Frank Baker said...

Hello Bandit. Does your dog bite? Or have you heard that story.

I like your heading. Does this mean you've bought another truck?

deedee said...

Thanks Betty - We got that rain you sent today. Send it anytime, we can always use rain. Thanks for keeping in touch :) Dee Dee

deedee said...

Frank: No, just three trucks but my husband asked me just yesterday if we could get a vintage car like the one I posted with my grandfather. I said no but that never stops him :)

Mildred said...

Such a beautiful dog. Those poor shoes!

Mom To Six said...

Too funny!! And yes, she's ADORABLE!

Ohilda

jennifer said...

Viscious shoes taken out of action. Now daddy can stay home and play :)