Saturday, February 28, 2009

Allergy Season

Here in Arizona a lot of people have rocks for their front yard. Some have these Mexican gold poppies, indigo-blue lupines and reddish-purple owl clover "sprinkled" in their rocks. Their front yards are beautiful during Spring time. I thought I'd go out and take pictures of these beautiful flowers. Spring time here is very short. With the weather man telling us that it will be 89 degrees by Monday - Summer time is just around the corner! I better get the pool ready. Looks like we'll be swimming by Easter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it gets that hot so quickly. Do you have a favorite planted in your yard?

Susie said...

Hi Deedee, Your new header picture is very pretty. It does look somewhat what I imagine your area looks like. I have been to AZ once but I was only 16 years of age. I do remember how pretty it is though.

I look forward to seeing more pictures of your area. I can't believe it's going to be that hot already. I'd get that pool ready too!

Rev. Paul said...

84??? Here, we have 21 with heavy snow. Hmmm, snow or hot?

Naw, I'll take the snow. It hasn't been above 80 here since 2004, and we're in no hurry to repeat that!

I like the flower pics, though - the colors are beautiful.

Diane AZ said...

I love the picture in your header. Of course the flowers are beautiful and I also like the shadows on the mountains. I haven't seen very many wildflowers coming up yet in my area. Maybe not enough winter rain?

betty said...

your header picture is very nice!!! hoping it will be a mild spring with some enjoyable days before you get to the hot of summer

betty