Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Addition Update

Three times my husband assembled the stones - then took them apart (because he didn't like it) and REassembled them again. I've never known him to be that picky. He put 3 tons of dirt in. He turned on the sprinkler system he installed. Oh no! He didn't make sure that there were no gaps between the stones. When he turned on the sprinklers the dirt escaped through the cracks :( So he had to REassemble all the back stones. Today he turned on the sprinkler again AND no leaks in the cracks. But.... the sprinklers spray in the wrong directions. So the dirt will be moved aside again and the sprinkler will have to be REadjusted.
Determined to show me that this area didn't need to be professionally done..... you know, "the" that costs too much money, I can do that myself, husband is still not done.
This is what the project looks like today, well at 1pm today :)

8 comments:

Frank Baker said...

I don't think I'll get into that discussion. Maybe you could get Bandit to dig it up.

deedee said...

Frank: LOL We tried that but Bandit just eats the dirt instead of digging it. I guess she's only psyhic in the backyard not the front.

Rev. Paul said...

I think this project falls in the "no good deed goes unpunished" category.

Just remember that guys like to fix things - and when the project doesn't cooperate, it becomes a personal mission!

deedee said...

Rev.Paul: Thank You for the good advise - I'll try to "remember" and be patience.

Susie said...

Oh my that is a lot of work! Do you think he regrets not letting someone else do it?

deedee said...

Susie: He won't let me know that. I do know that he is tired of fixing this project. (me, too)

betty said...

oh geesh.....that doesn't look good at all with all the redoing; gotta love your husband for his persistence to get it done

betty

Diane AZ said...

Interesting to read about all the work going into that project. Your husband deserves credit for being persistent. It's looking great!