Monday, March 2, 2009

Retired Life

I thought I'd show you my life being retired. First stop you'll see my truck parked at L&M Masonry. I need to find more stones to finish our project. We bought the ones somewhere else at a closeout. This place has them ..... at $8.11 a stone :( We need at 30 or more to finish $$$
Next stop is UPS. I hate to go in there since my husband works for the US Postal Office. He said that this particular box would be cheaper to send UPS ground. So off it goes..... UPS

It's going to be a busy day. I had to stop off at a mini bank. It's one of those drive up, get your money and go....



Next is Target! The dog - you know which one - got into the laundry. As I was folding laundry the other day I discovered my "undies" had been chewed on. ummm..... Bandit, where are you?


Now I'm at Fry's. It's being remodeled so the Fry's sign is down. I need to pick up a few things for dinner tonight. While I was in there, I ran into a friend of mine I haven't seen for a few months. We use to go out to dinner with them when we use to live in Scottsdale. I was surprised to see her here.




I'm always going to PetCo! I feel like I'm getting dog food or cat food every day!





I noticed the temperature in the truck's mirror. It says 92. Can you see it? We are suppose to be breaking a temperature record today.






Last stop is B&B Pools. I always park in the back because all the pool supplies are heavy. It makes it easier for them to carry it all to my truck. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I need to get the pool ready.
I had more errands to run. I guess tomorrow will be another run around day. I always wondered what it would be like to be retired. Sometimes I think I work harder being retired than when I was working a job.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a day and in all that heat! How did you find time to work? ha

Frank Baker said...

You are a very busy lady. It's good for the economy

Susie said...

Retired? No, I wouldn't call it that!

deedee said...

Mildred: That doesn't even count the stuff I do around the house first.
Frank: Everyday is like that. When you first retired, did you find your life change too?
Susie: I've been "officially" retired since last October. Sometimes I wonder if early retirement was a good idea!