Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Money Pit











I don't know if you remember.... two weeks ago we got another new pool cleaner. Our other pool cleaner lasted two years (of course, it lasted until the warranty just ran out). The new pool cleaner works so good (?) it has been sucking off the tile around the edge of the pool :(
The last four days I've been getting quotes to have the pool refinished and retiled. You wouldn't believe how many choices there are! You can plaster, quartz plaster, regular pebble-tec or mini pebble-tec. Then some companies offer different types of pebble-tec like: sheen or baja, etc. Then they have a multitude of colors of pebble-tec. There are also almost a million choices of tiles. One of the things I'd really like to do is put a turtle or fish or something to define the area where it is 4 to 5 feet (so the grandkids know where the deep part starts). These "things" you can add to your pool range from $100 to $300 for the small to $800 and up to the larger "things." (The things I scanned and posted above.) Oh my! There is a diving board and the pool is 10 feet deep. There is also a slide and the pool is 8 feet deep there. I call our pool "The Money Pit." Remember that movie?


7 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Looks like you've got some decidin' to do, ma'am. Best get at it!

grammy said...

Do you use it a lot? My sis has one here in CO and there is really only 3 months to use it. She loves to have her Grandkids swim there. She would agree with you about being a money pit. The Dolphins are cute.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Ha, everything in your house is a money pit!! Mine is.
we have a Mama and two baby turtles, A starfish and a gecko lizard. I love them and I don't think ours cost that much though.....

deedee said...

Rev.Paul:We have more company coming in April. I'd like to have it done before they come.
Grammy:Yes, we do. During the summer we're always having BBQ, pool parties on the weekends.
Suz:This is my first pool so I can always use some good advise!

Frank Baker said...

How well I remember. Have you had a scuba diver in to repair the bottom? Resurfacing the decking. A pump here ; a motor there, and then it had to be drained because the scuba divers repair didn't work.
Ouch!, I just got the bill for more chemicals.

Susie said...

I do remember that movie. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in it.

Busy Bee Suz said...

DeeDee...to answer your question about flat caroline. I could not find an email for you so here goes...
It is based on a childrens book called Flat Stanley.
Flat Caroline is a paper doll that gets mailed all over the country...I have copied a link to the teacher I got her from:

http://elementl-p.blogspot.com/2009/03/meet-flat-caroline.html

Just copy, cut and paste.
Hope that helps.