Thursday, March 5, 2009

Brinton Desert Botanical Garden

Yesterday, I went over to Mesa, Arizona. My CPA that does my taxes lives in this neighborhood that is right next door to Brinton Desert Botanical Gardens. In the eight years he has done our taxes, I never went to the gardens until now. I didn't have time yesterday (always so busy). I made a special trip over there today just to check it out.
What a cool place! I must have taken 100 pictures - no one else was there - what a nice day.Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Diane AZ said...

What an interesting botanical garden. I love that tall blooming agave and all the cacti. Beautiful pictures!

Frank Baker said...

I love those photos. Make a note: The palo verde trees bloom in May. Promise you will send me photos.

deedee said...

Diane: If you ever get tired of seeing all the wonderful things in Tucson :) come on up to Phoenix!
Frank: I put it on my "things to remember" calendar.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to visit and I love your pictures.

Susie said...

Oh what a lovely botanical garden Deedee. Thanks for showing us what it's like to garden in the desert.

Lanny said...

My grandfather sent me the magazine Arizona Highways when I was little. I loved looking at the pictures. When he came to visit he and I would spend hours looking at his pictures in his viewmaster. He would always tell me that the desert was not like people think it is.

deedee said...

Mildred: Even though it's a bit of a drive over there, I'm going to put it on my places to go when I need a break.
Susie: Have you ever tried any cactus in your garden?
Lanny: What amazes me the most is when these cactus bloom. They produce such unique flowers.